Monday, June 1, 2009

The Chicks Are Here!






We got the baby chicks on the 20th and they are a hit with the kids. I don't know how the chicks feel about Alex though. You know "Darla," on finding Nemo? Yeah, well, Alex is like the boy version. Poor little chicks- none injured or dead though, so that's good. We thought a few were bound to die so we got extras and as of right now, we have 13 very healthy, fiesty little chickens. I think all the interaction with the kids is just making them stronger. In about a year they'll be producing about an egg a day each. That's gonna be a lot of eggs! Anyone for omlettes?

3 comments:

Dave & Jada said...

You are crazy Steph. 13!!! Good luck and if it goes well, let me know! I'm I going to see you next week?

Williamson Fam said...

wheres the picture of the chicken condo you were talking about? I would prefer an eggs nest, never had one, well you will when we come to visit in july..woot woot!!

The Hansen Family said...

We're up for some.
Still can't believe you guys are raising chicks. That's so awesome.